[Firehol-support] what comes after firehol?

Klaus Kruse kkruse.1987 at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 12 12:45:32 BST 2011

Am 12.06.2011 13:27, schrieb Harry Sufehmi:
> On 6/12/11, John Dalton <john at johndalton.info> wrote:
>> The lack of releases hasn't bothered me - it's stable and mature, and
>> one of the first things I install on every host.
> Absolutely agree.
>
> I've yet to find another firewall product that's :
>
> 1. Very accessible & easy to maintain over a SLOW ssh connection
> 2. Very easy to use, yet
> 3. Very versatile, and
> 4. Very stable & dependable
> 5. Almost zero dependency - it doesn't require you to install this
> library & that library & apache & php & etc. Just bash & iptables.
>
> firehol is a rarity in the software world. Not many other software is
> able to achieve even point 2 to 4.
You all are absolutely right, firehol is small, flexible and (most
important!) super-easy to use. I'm just a student of sociology and have
no deep knowledge of networking. But with firehol, configuring a
three-network-interfaces homeserver with a lot of services just...works.

I would really like to see IPv6-support, as this will become important.
Just this and I'll be happy for the next decade :)

Greets,
Klaus Kruse

--
Ich benutze PGP für signierte und verschlüsselte E-Mails. Meine Key-ID lautet 0x2C384130.