[Firehol-support] (fwd) Re: what comes after firehol?

Phil Whineray phil.whineray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:56:00 CET 2012

On 13 March 2012 13:56, Paul Fox <pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us> wrote:
> phil -- count me in.  firehol is a nice piece of work, and
> i'm happy to help.

Thanks!

> just to remind folks -- costa did send a message to this list last
> june (below).  i assume phil has tried to contact him at the address
> he used then, and i've cc'ed him again now, just in case.  but clearly
> costa no longer has the time to devote to firehol.

I have been using that address (although you had me worried for a minute).

> it would clearly be preferable for phil to be able to take over
> maintenance of firehol directly if costa were willing, but if we can't
> even get in touch, then a fork is the next best thing.

My driving objective is to get IPv6 support into a supported form. As
I see it we will pass the point of no return in a few weeks when we
start to put in place permanent infrastructure for a fork. Up until
then I'm happy to consider any other way forwards.

There's doubtless many other ideas people have; it doesn't seem like I
will need to go it alone, so it should be possible to move on to them
too.

Cheers
Phil