[Firehol-support] Problem setting up FireQOS on A-DSL with PPPoE

Tsaousis, Costa costa at tsaousis.gr
Mon Nov 4 18:13:40 GMT 2013

Hi,

I resubmit my response (I didn't include the list previously).

You cannot use hostnames in FireQOS. It works in layer 3 (just
network). What you ask is layer 7. The only way to do something like
that is squid.

I think however, you should not have an issue with big downloads, at
least if you download just 1 thing at a time. The bandwidth will be
spread between your download and the web surfing.

Let me also add this: You can benefit a little the new sockets, by
moving the synacks class, before/above the surfing class. This will
allow new surfing sockets to be preferred over the packets already
running. However, the packets carrying data will still be competing
with each other. The sfq qdisc added by FireQOS will try to balance
the sockets though. Your big download will not monopolize all the
bandwidth.

Costa