[Firehol-support] New mailing list domain

Phil Whineray phil at sanewall.org
Thu Oct 17 15:10:49 CEST 2013

Hi Sim

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 02:19:27PM +0200, Sim wrote:
> thanks for this activity!

Thanks for the support.

> Is the project Firehol still active?

Costa is back doing development; he is focussing on QOS right now
but I would say yes, the project is active again.

We are now working together on FireHOL. I am sorting out the
infrastructure first and then I will get any important patches
merged back from sanewall and add IPv6 support.

Now would be a good time to ask... If anyone likes doing website design
and has some time to spare, feel free to contact me.

> It would be interesting know if it's supported over new distro release (for
> example with kernel 3.x)

I believe the version number checking is broken in the current release,
which produces error messages but I didn't think it stops anything
actually working?

This was patched in sanewall so it will be high on my list to get into
a new FireHOL release. Debian definitely carry the patch already.

The migration is mostly about moving onto github. All the sourceforge
content will be going out of date, so here are all the new URLs for
resources if you want to stay abreast of what's happening.

Website: http://firehol.org/

GitHub:  http://github.com/ktsaou/firehol
         there are a variety of branches

Issues:  http://github.com/ktsaou/firehol/issues