[Firehol-support] OpenVPN client: sample

Jerome BENOIT g6299304p at rezozer.net
Fri Jul 25 23:11:11 BST 2014

Hello,

On 25/07/14 22:53, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> I don't have that. But OpenVPN is just straightforward port 1194 - usually
> UDP but TCP is also an option depending on the server settings.
>
> I'd expect what you want would look like services/openvpn.conf:
>
> ---
> #FHVER: 1:213
>
> server_openvpn_ports=tcp/1194
> client_openvpn_ports=default
> ---
>
> replacing tcp with udp if appropriate to match the "proto" line in the
> OpenVPN conf file. And of course your FHVER might differ.

Actually this part is already implemented, even it the UDP does not work as client:
I could fix it.

I should be more specific: my issue concerns the interface and router materials.
For the server part, the following webpage

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-secure-traffic-between-vps-using-openvpn

was useful, but unfortunately the client is less documented in it.

Thanks,
Jerome