[Firehol-support] Stateless rules

Guillaume Lacroix gl at worldline.fr
Wed Nov 26 15:40:34 GMT 2014

Hi Costa,

Thanks a lot, I could make it work as expected. One last thing tho, is there a possibility to open all the routes from the DMZ to the internet and not the other way round ?

More specifically, I have open some route from the internet to my web server (IP 123.123.123.123) :

router internet_to_web inface any outface any dst 123.123.123.123
route anystateless myhttp accept dport 80 proto tcp
route anystateless myhttps accept dport 443 proto tcp

route all deny

With that, only http and https traffic is allowed to hit the web server. Now, I would like to allow the web to connect to the internet with no restrictions (DNS, mail, NTP, whatever…). So, before the previous command, I have add :

router web_to_internet inface any outface any src 123.123.123.123
        route anystateless myext accept

router internet_to_web…. (same as before)

In a statefull mode, this works as expected, but in a stateless mode, this opens symmetrically all the routes in and out, so the restriction on http/https is no more used.

Is there any workaround or the only choice is to set the web_to_internet in a statefull mode (and use conntrack sync mechanism) ?

Thx and regards,
Guillaume