[Firehol-support] Key loggers and others that communicate back to a base

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Tue Sep 2 23:35:59 BST 2014

To the degree it can set what types of services you can be a client of, yes.
But if the key logger or whatever is using an HTTP(S) POST or GET to send
your data across, and you allow HTTP(S) clients out over the firewall,
you've still got trouble.

You could allow only HTTP(S) clients to connect to specific IPs. For most of
us, that would be a nonstarter. But if you wanted to have a system that
could only connect to your bank, and your bank's at a fixed IP, you could
easily do that.

Whit