[Firehol-support] Dynamic hosts (eg no-ip) and fail2ban

Jason Harris jason at unifiedthought.com
Mon Dec 14 16:59:25 CET 2015

> On Dec 14, 2015, at 4:49 PM, Phil Whineray <phil at firehol.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 01:32:55PM +0100, Jason Harris wrote:
>> Thanks Phil!
>>
>> I didn’t know about checkinstall. It looks to be very useful!
>>
>> I got a deb package up for the iprange install… however for the firehol install it seems checkinstall had some problems? This might be a little off topic but I get:
>>
>> root at testfiretwo:/tmp/firehol.git# sudo checkinstall make install

>> /bin/mkdir -p '/usr/share/doc/firehol/examples'
>> /bin/mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/usr/share/doc/firehol’: No such file or directory
>> Makefile:411: recipe for target 'install-examplesDATA' failed

> Looks like a checkinstall bug [1]. I tried it with the suggested option
> i.e. 'checkinstall --fstrans=no ...' and it worked for me.
>
> Cheers
> Phil
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=717778 <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=717778>

Thanks. Yep I just confirmed I can build the .deb with this option. Seems like a fairly substantial bug and it looks like it has been around for at least a couple of years. In any case I can now build deb’s! Thanks!

I’ll be able to test that they work once I get the main issue to do with ipsets figured out!

Thanks, Jason