[Firehol-support] Debian Wheezy

Tsaousis, Costa costa at tsaousis.gr
Tue Feb 24 23:28:28 CET 2015

Welcome Rich...

The latest release can be obtained from:

http://firehol.org/download/latest/

The development version with this:

git clone https://github.com/ktsaou/firehol.git firehol.git

In both cases in sbin/ you can find firehol.in, fireqos.in and link-balancer.in

These are the final executables you need. They are just shell scripts.
Run them (even without installation). If one of their depedencies is
missing (a system command they need is not installed) they will
complain.

Keep also in mind that the recent features, (ipsets, iptraps,
synproxy, huge speed optimizations, a lot better iptables rules
generation, conntrack helpers configuration) only exist in the
development version.

I use this development version on production systems (I don't say you
should do so, bugs may exist - you can try them though - they are
consistent and in good shape - we don't have any issues / bugs open at
the moment - although not tested that much to consider them production
quality).

Costa