[Firehol-support] Firehol router command when inface and outface the same

Phil Whineray phil at sanewall.org
Wed Jun 17 18:46:45 BST 2015

Hi

The use of inface = outface is just fine.

Your problem is that most rules generated by FireHOL use the stateful
connection tracker. No reply (in this case a ping reply) is permitted
unless the correct traffic was first sent.

You should be able to use the "anystateless" service to do what you want,
just note the extra parameter compared to normal):
  http://firehol.org/firehol-manual/firehol-services/#service-anystateless

Cheers
Phil