[Firehol-support] [ANNOUNCE] FireHOL 2.0.2 released

Phil Whineray phil at sanewall.org
Fri Mar 6 09:00:02 CET 2015

All

I have released version 2.0.2 of FireHOL.

As usual, you can get it from the website:
  http://firehol.org/download/releases/v2.0.2/

The main change is a bugfix which ensures the firewall code is finished
off properly for joint ipv4/ipv6 firewalls where the last interface
router is ipv4 or ipv6 only.

For people who are differentiating ipv4 and ipv6 at the interface or
router level this is an important fix. Without it, one ip version of
your firewall will not accept RELATED traffic or log dropped packets.

People who only use "interface" and "router" to do both simultaneously
are not affected, even if they differentiate individual helper and/or
service rules. Those who produce an IPv4 or IPv6 only firewall will
not be affected either.

Thanks to Alon Bar-Lev we also have an option to ./configure which
allows suppressing the pdf and html during installation.

On a side note, these changes are also in the master branch along
with some other fixes and v3 documentation improvements so I will
produce a new -rc this weekend.

Regards
Phil