[Firehol-support] FireHOL Config Blacklist and Whitelists

Christopher Gilroy chris.gilroy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 02:22:38 BST 2015

Thanks for the replies, I just download the 3.0.0-rc.2 version from the
FireHOL site...

I do have one quick additional question too. When using hash:net, should
1.2.3.4/24 return with ipset saying 1 IP or am I doing something wrong and
it should know how many IPs are in that mask?

Config:

ipv4 ipset create whitelistednets hash:net
ipv4 ipset addfile whitelistednets nets /etc/firehol/whitelistednets

If I add a single IP (1.1.1.1) and then run: firehol ipset_update_from_file
whitelistednets nets /etc/firehol/whitelistednets, I get: FireHOL: Updating
ipset 'whitelistednets' with options: nets /etc/firehol/whitelistednets...
OK  (0 IPs)
If I make the IP (1.1.1.1/32) it then says: FireHOL: Updating ipset
'whitelistednets' with options: nets /etc/firehol/whitelistednets...  OK
 (1 IPs), hence my confusion.

Note: I do see a small difference between how you run:

ipset4 create blocked hash:net
ipset4 addfile blocked /etc/firehol/blocked

-and- my way would be (probably wrong):

ipv4 ipset create blocked hash:net
ipv4 ipset addfile blocked nets /etc/firehol/blocked

-Chris

--
-Chris A. Gilroy