[Firehol-support] Apparent bypass of firewall by ssh login probes

Tsaousis, Costa costa at tsaousis.gr
Tue Feb 9 20:02:29 GMT 2016

Hi,

Are you sure these logs are not coming from another host?

You can verify that no one has connected to your machine, by running:

conntrack -L | grep dport=22

You have to be on top of it when it happens to see anything.

You can also do this in firehol.conf (for firehol v3)

server ssh accept connlog "SSH ACCEPTED"

This will log all ssh sessions accepted by your firewall.

My bet is that pam_unix(cron:session) is the key here.
You run something via cron that triggers this.

Costa