[Firehol-support] Question about problem with FireQos

mbaldov mbaldov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 23:05:44 CET 2016

Hello support,

I'm using FireQos for my infrastructure from 1 year. It's great tool for
traffic shaping but I have found a serious problem that I will try to
describe.

I've the following scenario:

INTERNET....ROUTERS----SWITCH---(wan)---FIREQOS---(lan)---SWITCH---FIREWALL----LAN

In case of elevated traffic in incoming (from wan to lan) towards a series
of IP/PORTS intended for the default class, the switch (pair of  Cisco
WS-C3750G-24TS-S1U in stack) produces OUTDISCARDS errors on the "lan" port
of the switch where it is linked fireqos, starting to lose packets to all
destinations that pass through that port also of other classes and
directions, even if the available bandwidth input is much higher than that of
the packets that you are receiving.

Any suggestion regards this behavior?

Waiting for a kind reply.

Regards,