[Firehol-support] [ANNOUNCE] FireHOL 3.1.0 released

Phil Whineray phil at firehol.org
Mon Nov 28 16:14:02 GMT 2016

All

I have released version 3.1.0 of FireHOL.

You can now download it from GitHub:
  https://github.com/firehol/firehol/releases/tag/v3.1.0

Major changes:

 * Common
   - Rework installation to make full use of autoconf results in all
     programs

 * FireHOL
   - Option to disable wizard (reduces required tools slightly) and
     other fixes for small systems e.g. OpenWRT
   - Deprecated service ipv6error, not needed since 3.0.0. Moved ICMPv6
     RELATED matching earlier to stop user accidentally preventing them.

Minor:

 * Common
   - Enabled unit tests on "make check", provided the user has
     unprivileged user namespaces enabled.

 * FireHOL
   - Emit help in syslog on failure if we are running with no terminal
     since otherwise when running via systemd a user cannot see full error.

 * VNetBuild
   - improve graphviz output

Thanks in particular to Alon Bar-Lev who provided great feedback and
direct assitance on the autoconf improvments.

Regards
Phil

P.S. There was a hiccup the first time I tagged the code. I replaced the
release commits and tag with a force-push. Apologies if anyone pulled the
original quickly enough (within maybe a 15 minute window) to cause trouble.