[Firehol-support] Firehol centralised on router with Wifi AP

Tsaousis, Costa costa at tsaousis.gr
Tue Sep 13 22:55:53 CEST 2016

Kjetil, quite a complex setup.
I don't know how to help you, but here are a few things that might help you
decide:

First, please update your firehol. It is way too old. Firehol and fireqos
are just a bash scripts. So, updating should be very easy.

MARKs do not leave the host. So, you cannot MARK on one host and examine
that MARK on another.

Most people that support different security policies on different SSIDs, do
it with VLANs, so that each SSID uses a different VLAN. Of course your AP
has to support this.

On Linux VLANs are like separate virtual interfaces. You are going to have
vlan0, vlan1, vlan2, etc. If your AP can do it, this is the way to go. At
your firewall you will have SSID1 clients on vlan1 and SSID2 clients on
vlan2. Of course you will have to configure your DHCP server to respond on
both VLANs.

Costa