[Firehol-support] link-balancer starting at boot

Tsaousis, Costa costa at tsaousis.gr
Wed Feb 8 17:36:02 GMT 2017

Hi Spike.

Nice you like our work.

No particular reason for starting it via cron. Just a preference.
cron will work too.

locking works with all firehol programs. So, only one instance of each will
be running at any given time.
This locking is done with flock, so there are no false positives (the lock
is released even if the programs exits abnormally).

I am running link-balancer for several years now in many sites and distros,
and I never had a hang.

All firehol programs log to syslog. The console output is just informative.
link-balancer also syslogs all changes it does (the commands it runs).

Costa