[Firehol-support] Role of ksh in Firehol

Phil Whineray phil at firehol.org
Tue Jan 10 13:18:33 CET 2017

Hi

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 02:32:47PM +0200, Tsaousis, Costa wrote:
> Hi, thanks for letting us know about this.

Indeed.

> ksh should not be a dependency for firehol. If is only used when everything
> fails.
>
> Is it required to remove it from that line, or it can just be ignored?

I think Jerome is working on getting v3.1.0 ready for the freeze.

In terms of 3.0.2 I think the dependency could just be dropped from
the .deb - provided sh or bash is present, things will be fine.

In 3.1.0, ksh is checked for in the configure script as a last resort.
I don't know if this will cause it to become a dependency automatically?

> Phil, if this a breaking point for debian, my suggestion is to simply
> comment it out.

Jerome: I have no problem in removing ksh references and producing a 3.0.3
and/or 3.1.1 if it makes life easier... does it help you? You decide,
it is maybe 15 minutes work for me this evening, but I won't touch it
if the churn makes more work for you.

Cheers
Phil