[Firehol-support] FireQOS!!!!! I love it!

Tsaousis, Costa costa at tsaousis.gr
Sat Jan 14 16:43:49 CET 2017

Thanks! Nice it works for you!

It is quite strange there is no alternative for QoS.
It is also strange QoS on Linux is so powerful and it is so rarely used.

I install QoS everywhere, even on application servers.
Together with netdata, I have used it to identify all kinds of problems and
attacks.

In one case, it helped me identify a disk congestion problem (!) on an
application server. Yeah, I know it is strange, but if you look at the
bandwidth an application sends, and you see that it has periodic unexpected
drops, then something is limiting that application from sending data at its
full potential... And it was a cron job, that increased the disk latency to
a degree that we had 20% bandwidth drops at the application every 1 minute
sharp!

Thanks!

Costa