[Firehol-support] Role of ksh in Firehol

Kjetil Kjernsmo kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Tue Jan 10 12:00:41 GMT 2017

Hi all!

I'm using Debian on my firewall, and so prefer to rely on the packages from
there, but I just noticed that firehol is in danger of being removed from
the distribution, now that it is just about to freeze:
https://packages.qa.debian.org/f/firehol.html

I tried to understand the problem, and the problem seems to reside with
Korn shell (ksh). I went through the scripts, and found ksh only in
vnetbuild. I have not tried to understand what's up with ksh itself
though.

However, it seems that ksh only plays a very minor role as one of other
alternatives.
Y|SH_CMD|/bin/sh|sh bash ksh

So, I'm interested in hearing if simply removing ksh from that line will
allow ksh to be dropped as a dependency for firehol?

Best,

Kjetil