[Firehol-support] What means TRAP-OUT

Jonathan Baecker jonbae77 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 20:07:01 GMT 2017

Hello,

sorry when this is a stupid question but I wonder me, what TRAP-OUT
means in the context of a blacklist, blocked with ipset.

My setup is:

with a shell script I fishing all IPs out, what fail2ban had in recidive
chain and put them in a text file. With firehol I build a ipset
blacklist rule:

    ipset4 create custom_blacklist hash:ip
    ipset4 addfile custom_blacklist
    "/etc/firehol/ipsets/custom-blacklist.txt"

    blacklist4 full log "CUSTOM BLACKLIST TRAP" \
         ipset:custom_blacklist except src ipset:whitelist

Now I get in the log file some messages whit TRAP-IN, I think that is
normal when a listed IP try to connect. But I also get some TRAP-OUT
logs, more then one time, with the source IP from my server and a
destination IP from a blacklisted IP.

Can you give me short tip about this?

Regards

Jonathan