[Firehol-support] Firehol and NFS

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun May 7 10:16:27 BST 2017

I am trying to run NFS servers on my workstation and my server. The
workstation uses firewalld and the server Firehol. On the workstation I
open up the nfs port and everything seems to work fine. On the server I
try to open the nfs ports with the standard nfs service and I get:

 WHY    :  Cannot find statd ports for nfs server 'localhost'

statd is not running on either machine and yet firewalld can cope but
Firehol cannot. I have switched the nfs capability off on the server to
get Firehol to run, but it is annoying not having NFS capability.

Is there a workaround for Firehol avoiding the nfs service to open up
the NFS capability?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk