[Firehol-support] FireHOL, link-balancer and StrongSwan

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Thu Sep 21 19:26:39 BST 2017

Hi,

I've got FireHOL and link-balancer on a multi-WAN firewall, and need to get
several StrongSwan tunnels going. I see there is an open issue with this
(https://github.com/firehol/firehol/issues/130).

Has anyone worked out a practical way of handling this? I suspect I have to
get StrongSwan out of the connmark business, and handle setting up those up
through link-balancer. The IPsec connections we need are constantly up, and
between servers.

StrongSWAN is at least working to set up a tunnel in this case, as compared
to libreswan which for reasons I couldn't fully diagnose choked when behind
this -- complained the public IP wasn't "usable."

Thanks,
Whit