[Firehol-support] Recommended method to re-resolve domain names

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Wed Jul 25 22:55:06 BST 2018

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. The mailing list
archives search function isn't working so I can't look for an answer there.

I'm using firehol 3.1.5 on Ubuntu 18.04. My configuration includes
several domain names, some of which are dynamic DNS entries, so the
underlying IP address may change from time to time. What is the
recommended method for periodically re-resolving those domain names
using firehol without disrupting current network activity?

In the past I've just added a "firehol start" to crontab. That works OK
for resolving the names, but with Ubuntu 18.04 I suspect that method is
disrupting existing traffic, especially long running rsync commands.

--

Mitch