[Firehol-support] fireHOL on Debian

Bernhard Gruen bjmg at h0t.de
Thu Mar 13 22:30:19 GMT 2003

Hey,

As I said on the Web Forum I am using a Debian System. On Debian there
are some things different than on your development platform!
Some examples:
The directory /etc/sysconfig doesn't exist but I have seen that Debian
has somewere in /etc an other directory for saving such packet filter
configs. Because this directory doesn't exist fireHOL gets an error on
saving to the iptables file.
The panic command can't work on Debian because the command
/etc/init.d/iptables panic is not defined in the default debian iptables
script. What does panic on your system?
Also the squid entry is NOT in /etc/services (at least on my woody) so i
got an error at this point.

These are only light error nothing important. But I think that such
things should go to the documentation.

Bernhard from Germany