[Firehol-support] DNAT with port redirection?

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Fri Sep 19 00:15:52 BST 2003

Hi jeff,

Assuming that you want to redirect port 81 of 1.1.1.1 (public IP of fw on
ppp0) to server 10.0.0.2 on port 80 (protocol tcp), use this:

dnat to 10.0.0.2:80 inface ppp0 dst 1.1.1.1 proto tcp dport 81

Then you have to have a router like this (I assume that fw is connected to
sv with fw's eth0):

router myrouter inface ppp0 outface eth0

   server http accept

Of course I used the http service for matching tcp/80 (forget port 81
after the dnat).

If the service is unknown define this at the top:

server_myserver_ports="tcp/80"
client_myserver_ports="any"

and then in the router:

   server myserver accept