[Firehol-support] very long blacklist

Bernhard J. M. Gruen bjmg at h0t.de
Thu Apr 15 15:31:21 BST 2004

Hi,

First: I use firehol for about 1 year now and I think it is very good!
I want to load and use a very long blacklist (about 6000 ip ranges) but
it take too long to load. Can I speed up this process somehow? (At the
moment every entry is on a single line (blacklist full IP/MASK))
Another problem is that you have to restart the whole firewall script if
you only want to add/change/delete one rule (e. g. blacklist entry).
Wouldn't it be possible to support something like reconfiguring a
already loaded firewall? With this you can use your system/network
before every blacklist entry is processed.

Bernhard from Germany