[Firehol-support] FireHOL R5 v1.214 released.
costa at tsaousis.gr
Mon Nov 1 13:19:52 GMT 2004
FireHOL R5 v1.214 has been released.
This is a major release which includes several updates and fixes.
All users are advised to update to this version.
This release includes new service definitions: NIS, NUT, NNTPS, ASTERISK,
DARKSTAT, DISTCC, ESERVER, GIFT, GIFTUI, H323, IAX, IAX2, ICP, RTP, SIP,
STUN, UPNP, RDP, NXSERVER, RADIUSPROXY, RADIUSOLDPROXY.
The following service definitions have been updated: DHCP, SAMBA, NFS.
The following helpers have been added: TOS, DSCP, TCPMSS, ECN_SHAME.
The following optional rule parameters have been added: TOS, MARK, DSCP.
Added support for automatic installation of service definitions with third
party packages, in /etc/firehol/services/.
Also, FireHOL now has:
- improved interoperability with various Linux distributions, including
- updated RESERVED_IPS for current IANA IPv4 reservations,
- finer control on ACCEPTed services to allow controllable requests per
- the ability to control loopback traffic, and
- support for service groups.
Updated documentation can be found at:
More information about the Firehol-support