[Firehol-support] Re: configuration file problem?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Jan 7 03:23:52 GMT 2005

On 7 Jan 2005, Camilo Rostoker wrote:
> I have some experience with general Linux administration, but I am a
> total newbie to iptables and firewalls in general. I'm looking for a
> basic firewall setup. I've read the FAQ's and install guide but
> something seems to be wrong...

[...]

That configuration all looks quite correct; your problems seem to lie
elsewhere:

[...]

> ERROR : # 1.
> WHAT : A runtime command failed to execute (returned error 1).
> SOURCE : line 13 of /etc/firehol/firehol.conf
> COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_internet_http_s1 -p tcp --sport
> 1024:65535 --dport 80 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
> OUTPUT :
>
> iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

Your kernel does not have iptables built in, or the module loading is
failing.

Those errors are a *sure* sign of that.

How did you come by your kernel, and which distribution are you using?

Regards,
        Daniel
--
You are more than the sum of what you consume. Desire is not an occupation.
        -- KMFDM, _Dogma_