[Firehol-support] Re: configuration file problem?

Camilo Rostoker camilo at scottsdale.ca
Fri Jan 7 07:18:27 GMT 2005

>> ERROR : # 1.
>> WHAT : A runtime command failed to execute (returned error 1).
>> SOURCE : line 13 of /etc/firehol/firehol.conf
>> COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_internet_http_s1 -p tcp --sport
>> 1024:65535 --dport 80 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
>> OUTPUT :
>>
>> iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
>>

> Your kernel does not have iptables built in, or the module loading is
> failing.
>
> Those errors are a *sure* sign of that.
>
> How did you come by your kernel, and which distribution are you using?

Hi.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.  I am fairly certain I do have
iptables built into my kernel.  The reason I believe I have iptables
installed is because I was playing around, adding/removing simple rules
(i.e. ping) from an online tutorial and that seemed to work ok ...I have
rebuilt the kernel myself several times to include more and more modules
that kept appearing to be missing.  I am using kernel version 2.4.26 on
a Debian Woody dist.  Not sure what to do now...sorry I don't know any
more.

Cheers,
Camilo

--