[Firehol-support] Errors when running firehol

Tsaousis, Costa costa at tsaousis.gr
Tue Jan 27 21:22:33 GMT 2015

Phil,

What if we write a 'check' function in firehol that runs a number of
checks in the system to identify possible issues? We could include a
check for this kernel option there.

A user will be able to execute 'firehol check' to run the checks and
possibly find suggestions to impove his system. The same check could
be run automatically if the execution stops due to an error.

There are already a number of checks spread in firehol to detect if
iptables is enabled in the kernel, if the required kernel modules are
present, if certain commands are present in the system, etc

We could have a file like /var/spool/firehol/system.conf with all the
results of the checks, which is sourced every time firehol runs (this
will also speed it a bit). If the file is not present, the check()
function will be run to generate it. If we detect a kernel version
change since the last time we executed check(), we could call it again
and so forth.

Do you agree? Shall I open it in github?

Costa