[Firehol-support] Firehol in CentOS

Phil Whineray phil at firehol.org
Thu Jan 19 19:45:22 GMT 2017

Hi Tom

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 09:53:50PM +0100, Tom Koggel - Signet B.V. wrote:
> When I try to install firehol on a CentOS 6 or 7 machine i'm getting an
> error.
>
> Warning: No matches found for: firehol
> No Matches found
>
> Could it be the package is removed from the repositories?
> The epel repository is installed on the servers.

I found this, so I think you are correct:

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/firehol/
  https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/firehol.git

Looks like there is no longer a package maintainer so it got removed.
I don't know what/how a new maintainer might come about.

Notably redhat only ever got to v2.x anyway and really you want to
be running 3.x anyway, see this:

  https://github.com/firehol/firehol/issues/186

Currently you have to install from source but I will see if I can
put together some sort of package for people to use.

Cheers
Phil