[Firehol-support] Firehol in CentOS

Phil Whineray phil at firehol.org
Thu Jan 19 22:04:44 GMT 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 07:45:22PM +0000, Phil Whineray wrote:
> Currently you have to install from source but I will see if I can
> put together some sort of package for people to use.

Easier than expected. Find Centos 6 and 7 RPMs here:
  https://github.com/firehol/packages/releases/latest

Note that they are entirely untested... I checked that they would
install but I have not checked the integration with the init
systems or made any attempt to load actual configs.

The spec files are approximately what was in the fedora git repo
before the package was retired but there have been significant changes
to firehol since then.

Anyone should feel free to give them a try and report back so I can
update the table here:
  https://github.com/firehol/packages#readme

If there's problems a Pull Request will be most welcome and undoubtably
improve the chances of a quick fix :)

Cheers
Phil