[Firehol-devs] Migrate firehol from SF CVS to SF SVN?

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Thu Apr 26 14:15:01 BST 2007

* Jeff Kowalczyk <jtk at yahoo.com> [20070424 22:40]:
> Acknowledging that there haven't been any firehol releases recently, I'd
> like to encourage some infrastructure modernization to keep the barrier of
> contributions low for the future.

I don't know why SVN is better than CVS for keeping the barrier for
contributions low.

A distributed SCM might be a better technical solution for this
problem, because it makes it possible to ignore the social problem
of giving not yet known people access to the central repository
until you know you like their contributions.

As a co-developer of Mercurial I suggest Mercurial for this :)

Setting up a central repository on Sourceforge is described on
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/MercurialOnSourceforge

Alternatively I can offer hosting for one or more FireHOL
repositories, too.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück - Registereintrag: Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HR B 18998