[Firehol-support] Multiple IP addresses

Viktor Kaup furiousv9 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:24:09 CET 2006

Hey all

I'm really impressed with the ease-of-use FireHOL has provided me with
configuring the firewall for my dedicated server.

I have come across one difficulty so far, and that is with multiple IP
addresses.

I have assigned my 2nd IP address provided by my host to eth0:1

ifconfig eth0:1 22.222.22.22    (made-up IP)
and I can now run CS Source listening on that IP fine.

I added the line:
interface eth0 eth0_0alias dst "22.222.22.22"

and included rules under that also, but anything that listens on
22.222.22.22 can not send or receive (the CS Source server can not
communicate with the Steam servers)

Hopefully you guys can steer me right

Thanks,
Viktor