[Firehol-support] Firehol on 3 interfaces

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Thu Nov 2 13:58:27 CET 2006

On 11/2/06, Marcus Williams <marcus at quintic.co.uk> wrote:
> Basically I have a working configuration for eth0 and eth1, but I want
> to add eth2 into the mix and only route certain IP addresses from the
> lan (rerouted_ips) through that interface.

Well, to make the routing decisions you cannot use FireHOL/iptables,
you'll have to tweak the kernel's routing rules using the "ip route"
(or the old "route") command (your distribution may have a way to
easily set up routing rules somewhere).

After those routing rules are in place, then you can write FireHOL
rules to do NAT and secure the thing. At first glance, the following
would suffice:

   interface eth2 internetslow src not "${home_ips} ${UNROUTABLE_IPS}"
      server ident reject with tcp-reset
      client all accept

   router internetslow2home inface eth2 outface eth0
      masquerade reverse
      client all accept
      server ident reject with tcp-reset

--