[Firehol-support] FireHOL 3.0.0: USE_MAINTAINER_MODE

Jerome BENOIT g6299304p at rezozer.net
Sat Dec 26 19:53:33 GMT 2015

Hi Phil:

On 26/12/15 20:35, Phil Whineray wrote:

> On 26 Dec 2015 19:00, "Jerome BENOIT" <g6299304p at rezozer.net <mailto:g6299304p at rezozer.net>> wrote:
>
>> I am intriguing by ``if test x"$USE_MAINTAINER_MODE" = xno; then [...] fi'' :
>> may I understand that iprange is not needed in non maintainer mode (namely in general mode) ?
>> Same for bash version check ?
>
> Hi Jerome
>
> I don't have the wherewithal to check the logic is correct right now but it is supposed to work the opposite to what you state.
>
> Maintainer mode is for building the release packages which does not require a particular bash version or iprange whereas they are needed to actually run the scripts.

I think that maintainer-mode is rather meant to superseed all build mode,
with in mind to refresh all material.

So iprange is mandatory for version 3.

Otherwise, for which script iprange is needed ? the three of them ?
I am on my way to package iprange for Debian [1].

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=809024