[Firehol-support] QOS overhead calculations, PPPoE on leased line

Tsaousis, Costa costa at tsaousis.gr
Thu Jan 29 19:45:17 GMT 2015

Strange setup.
Most Ethernet providers I have worked with used just MPLS to provide a
virtual private cloud, over their physical cloud.

Anyway, overhead 22 seems right to me if they just run PPPoE.
If they also use VLANs or MPLS behind the scenes the overheads may be higher.

Check this calculator http://baturin.org/tools/encapcalc/

Costa