[Firehol-support] File locations w. ipsets

Rich forums at artfulrobot.uk
Wed Jan 20 22:58:10 GMT 2016

Hi Phil,

I suppose to me the odd thing is that two executables from one source
reference different places for their config? i.e. firehol itself looks
in /etc/firehol/ but update-ipsets looks in /usr/local/etc/firehol/. I
would have expected this to be the same between the two scripts (either
both in the local dir or both in the system ones), but apols if it's
like this for a reason beyond my v limited understanding of compiling stuff.

On 20/01/16 08:07, Phil Whineray wrote:
> Personally, when installing direct to system directories from the
> sources I use this: ./configure --prefix=/usr --sbindir=/sbin
> --sysconfdir=/etc \ --localstatedir=/var --libdir=/usr/lib Cheers Phil

Thanks, that's useful. Might try it next time.

Thanks again for firehol, it remains the easiest to use and most
flexible firewall I've come across.

Rich